This policy is effective from 1st September 2015.
Personally Identifiable Information we collect
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information from the people that visit our website:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect
We may also automatically collect (through cookies, described below, and other methods) and store aggregate or anonymous information about user contact with and use of the Site:
- demographic information and your browsing habits on and usage of the Site;
- the type of internet browser you are using;
- the type of computer operating system application software and peripherals you are using;
- the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Site ;
What We do With this the Information We Gather
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features. We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you;
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services and to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on the Site or our servers, will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of the Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable cookies or refuse to accept a cookie, you may not be able to utilize all features of the Site.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at our address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Protection for Children
This Site is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we have no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children (i.e., individuals under the age of 13). If a parent or guardian learns that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that child’s parent or guardian should contact us and send a request marked “Privacy – Urgent” if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
United States of America
Our Site is maintained in the United States of America. By using the Site, you freely and specifically give us your consent to export your personally identifiable information to the USA and to store and use it in the USA as specified in this policy.
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following
Users can visit our site anonymously.
In addition, our mailing address is:
Unit 1602, 16/F, Podium Plaza,
No. 5 Hanoi Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong